Tuesday 29 September 2009

Hanging tough...

I have now applied for 23 jobs with others in varying stages of completion and i'm starting to flag. I have had 6 rejections, I have 1 interview and the others have not replied (as yet). The stress is starting to hurt if i'm honest. I'm motivated to keep going but i'm starting to worry if I can maintain it.
The monotony of looking for a job when people don't even reply is awful. It's like living in limbo.
Meanwhile it's now 9 weeks and counting until my final day here. It can't come soon enough and my fingers are continually crossed that someone will mention the golden words..."gardening leave"!!!

I'm also working on my top 5 dream jobs. Not unsimilar to THE LIST of top 5 dream jobs probably

Rob Gordon's Top 5 Dream Jobs

Journalist for Rolling Stone magazine, 1976 to 1979
Producer, Atlantic Records, 1964 to 1971
Any kind of musician, besides classical or rap
Film director, any kind except German or silent
Architect (replace by record store owner


I was thinking...
Journalist for Select, Melody Maker and NME early to mid nineties
Producer, Motown or Stax
Anything at Nasa in the 50s so I could wear cool glasses and have pens in my pocket
List compiler - obviously this isn't a real job but it should be
record store owner (if record shops still had the potential to be anything but a money pit)

I'll keep thinking....

No comments:

Post a Comment