Wednesday 4 February 2009

I'm still waiting for snow. The false dawn of wearing wellies in real life on Monday was ill advised. I don't think i'll be doing it again. Something, however, has to be done about how cold this bloody house is!!! I haven't taken an official temperature reading but it may be about minus-the North Pole.
The problem is the window in the living room. It may as well not have any glass in it at all and instead of masquerading as a window admit to us all that it is just a big space of air framed by some rotting, flaking wood. I think it's giving me chillblains (sic). I had chillblains (sic) when I was a kid and had to wear my bumble bee slippers to school. They looked better than the wellies.
Anyway it's bloody cold and is no coincidence that the hot water bottle to people ratio in this house is roughly 2:1.

1 comment: